Monday, October 13, 2008

Nick and Norah - The Movie

I went with some friends to see the film version of Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist over the weekend. For the record - they made a LOT of changes from the book, all of which bothered me. The movie isn't exactly great cinema, but it would have been entertaining enough if I hadn't been so caught up on the book.

The movie have a few very gross moments that I won't get into here. And Michael Cena is really not the actor I would have chosen to play Nick no matter how adorable the guys is. Nick and Norah's friends also have much more prominent roles than they do in the book.

Of the five of us who went to see the movie, all but one had read the book. I was the only one really bothered by all of the changes. Like I said, the movie has the potential to be entertaining if you can get over all of the changes.

The movie was rated PG-13 by the MPAA for sexuality, language, and crude behavior - but it was far less vulgar than the book.

No comments: