Tuesday, May 26, 2009

GoodReads Widget

Hello everyone!

If you look to the right on the sidebar of this blog, you may notice that I've added something new. This widget shows the 20 books that I have most recently read. While I don't document every single book that I read on this blog, I am very, very good about keeping my GoodReads account updated, so if you're curious to see what else I've been looking at feel free to take a look. You can click on the books in the widget and see the book's page on GoodReads and even read my reviews. I don't always go into a lot of detail with these reviews, but it's usually a sentence or two explaining what I loved or didn't love about a book.

But if you read so many books, Sandy, then how do you decide which ones to talk about on this blog? Well, the process for picking books to talk about in detail isn't particularly scientific. I try to update the blog with a new book once a week, and I always try to pick books that I've read recently so that I can talk about them while they are still fresh in my mind. I usually try to pick books that stand out in my mind for whatever reason, either because I loved (or hated) it or because I thought it was truly unique in some way. Sometimes I select a book simply because I think it will be relatively easy to write about. But whatever the reason,just remember that there's a whole world of children's and teen literature out there to explore - dive in and check it out!

No comments: