Tuesday, October 12, 2010

100th Post! Featuring a Funny Story

Today I am pleased to present this blog's 100th post! To celebrate, I'd like to share a story from my day yesterday.

Preschool storytime was all about the letter B. As a craft, we made birds by tracing our hands and then gluing the thumbs and palms together. You then fold down the finger to make wings and VOILA! A bird!


One little boy in my storytime got really excited about this craft. He even got creative with the paper scraps and constructed feet for his bird. After storytime cleared out the boy and his mother headed to the children's area to play and look at books. Awhile later I saw the boy run around the corner, ducking and weaving and making "Pshew! Pshew!" noises as he went with mom in tow. Mom called over her shoulder as they left the children's area that they were running from the bad guys and that his bird had laser eyes to protect them.

I was laughing too hard to tell the boy to stop running. And man, who am I to stop creative play like that? I'm actually kind of proud that my craft got this kid excited enough to imagine something crazy like that.

Moments like this really make me love the library.

No comments: