Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reactions

I generally pride myself on being up to date on online goodies. But last night I discovered something awesome: Blogger's "Stats" tab. It had been right under my nose for ages, yet I'd never given it much thought until now. I had no idea that Blogger kept such detailed statistics! I get very few comments on my individual blog posts, but all things considering this little thing gets a respectable amount of traffic. For example, did you know that my lovely little corner of the web has 126 total page views in Slovenia? And that 54 of these views are from this month alone? And that my most popular post was my review last summer of the awesome book, The Strange Case of Origami Yoda with 197 views? Yes, I know that this kind of traffic isn't amazing in the grand scheme of things, but it's still a lot more than I had imagined.

Despite the traffic, this blog gets very few comments. Ah well. Not everyone wants to put themselves out there on someone else's blog. And composing a comment does require a certain amount of effort. I totally get that; I do quite a bit of lurking myself. But a girl likes to have feedback, so I've added a little something to this blog: Reactions. This feature has been around Blogger for ages but I've never bothered with it until now. But at the bottom of each post you'll be able to click an appropriate response to whatever it was you were reading. Painless and anonymous for readers, gratifying for me. Everybody wins!

Another new feature can also be found at the bottom of each blog post. If you are so compelled to share something I've written here with a friend/colleagues/everyone you know, you can share a post on Twitter, Facebook, via e-mail and more with the click of a button .

To all of my readers, whether or not I know who you are: Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Sarah Elsewhere said...

Maybe we will have to consider these things on my library's blog! (Also, stats is dangerous! I watch it rather obsessively.)

Lynn said...

I LOVE the Reactions choices -- rock on! ;)