Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter Bunny's Schedule

Did you know that this is my blog's 200th post? Huzzah! To celebrate, here is a little anecdote involving two of my favorite things: Cute kids and odd reference questions.

Earlier this week a little boy, about 5 years old, came to me in complete earnest looking for some information. He asked me to help him find a book about Easter that would tell him what time the Easter Bunny would be arriving at his house. He said that he needed to know what time it would be safe to come downstairs.

I told the boy that I didn't think we would find that information in a book because the Easter Bunny goes to different kids' houses at different times. I also suggested that he ask his mom or dad if they knew what time the Easter Bunny had visited them last year - as parents, after all, they just might know the specifics of the Easter Bunny's local timetable.

But I totally see this kid's point. Why shouldn't there be a schedule? Trains and buses have schedules, so why not supernatural chocolate-carrying rabbits?

No comments: