Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Teen Arrivals

Things have been a bit hectic around here lately, both in Library Land as well as in my personal life. Fortunately, nothing soothes the soul quite like a box of brand new books. Here are just a few titles for teens that arrived at the library recently that I'd love to get my hands on:

Black Heart by Holly Black
The third book in Black's Curse Workers series is going to be a surefire hit. Fantasy meets the mafia as poor Cassel tries to figure out how to balance the curse-working life he was born into with the life he really wants. My only complaint - Once again, Holly Black's publishers have decided to completely change the style of the book covers, so none of the three books in this series look even remotely alike.

Chomp by Cark Hiassen
If Hiassen's previous books and the name of the central character (Wahoo Cray) are any indication, this latest middle-grade environmental adventure should be awesome. Wahoo's father is an animal wrangler working on location in the Everglades for a TV show called "Expedition Survival." Then the show's boneheaded star goes missing.

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1 by Kazue Kato
I picked up the first three volumes in this highly-rated manga series for the library and I'm excited to give it a try. When his foster father is killed, Rin vows to defeat the demon lord Satan and enrolls in the True Cross Academy to train as an exorcist. And oh yeah, Satan is Rin's real father, and he must struggle to keep his true bloodline a secret.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Divergent was one of the most talked-about books of last year, and the sequel comes highly anticipated as well. I'm looking forward to lots of action and hopefully a few answers to my questions from the last book.

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
Kelsey has big plans for her life now that's she's starting high school. Unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't seem to be in on this. It sounds like your basic, "wow, I'm in high school now!" story. But for some reason I'm very eager to read this one. I blame the attractive cover.

No comments: