Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Cart

Today at work I got a present:


It's a brand new cart!

Those readers who do not work in libraries might not understand, but having my own cart is a very big deal.  If a librarian does not have a cart, s/he has no place to to store or no way to move a large number of books.  And do you know how often your average librarian needs to work with and/or transport a large number of books?  Fairly often. 

I'm so excited.  No longer will my monthly book orders simply be piled haphazardly on top of my desk.  No longer will I have to beg for my co-workers' permission to borrow their carts, which they're probably trying to use themselves.  No longer will I be left wondering how to transport books (or other library/program supplies!) from one end of the library to the next.  No more tall armfuls of books blocking my vision as I try to carry them up the stairs. 

Have I mentioned that my new cart is purple?  It definitely stands out from all of the other carts in the library, that's for sure.  All I need now is a shiny sticker or magnet to give my cart a little additional personality.

And I think that my cart needs a name.  Suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Is your cart a girl or a boy? here's a few suggestions for names:

Bella- you're cart is beautiful and the obvious teen book reference.

Jacques - after your favorite Redwall author

Dewey - After the Dewey decimal system of course. Added bonus, you can decorate with Donald Duck's nephew's pictures.

Sandy said...

Hmm, all solid choices! Jacques is my favorite, although I debate how well the names with the lovely wysteria color.