Saturday, July 24, 2010

Exciting Announcement!

It's been nearly two weeks since my last post and things are likely to be just as sporadic over the next month or so. Why? I got a new job! I've now officially graduated from Overqualified-Library-Assistant-Who-Nonetheless-Mostly-Loves-Her-Job to Full-Fledged Youth Services Librarian. Huzzah! I'm really excited about the new job. It seems like it will be a great opportunity and I'm totally excited to plan programs and order books for the kids and teens in my charming new community. While I don't start the new job until the end of August I am a bit distracted with trying to pack up my life and move to this new town, so my reading and blogging time may be cut short. But I'll do my best to keep you all entertained.

Meanwhile, Summer Reading Program is in full swing. I've talked to a couple hundred kids this summer about all of the books they've been working on. My favorite conversation thus far was with an eight-year-old boy who's been working his way through a series of biographies about all of the presidents. Wow! Here are just a few other books that I've seen pop up this summer:



















































What else have you all been reading this summer?

No comments: