Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mom

Today as the toddlers were leaving storytime I said goodbye to one of the boys, calling him by name.  He replied with a smile and a wave and said, "Bye, Mom!"

The boy's actually mother and I both cracked up.

Actually, I'm amazed that it's taken this long for a kid at the library to call me "Mom."  I've been working in libraries for almost seven years now, and this is the first time (at least that I can remember) that it's happened.



This story makes me think of another announcement that I should probably make on this blog, though I'm sure that most of my regular readers have already heard the news.  This librarian is having a baby!  She should be arriving sometime at the end of May.  I'm blaming pregnancy on at least part of the reason why my reading has slowed down and blog posts have been a bit slower to come out.  Excitement abounds.

No comments: